Thank you for visiting the STIHL Website. All the legal details of our Website are shown below.
STIHL is the name for exemplary quality and personal service. So we look forward to your questions, hints and suggestions for improving our Website.
Your STIHL Online Team
This website is intended for use by residents of Republic of Ireland only. If you are looking at this website from outside of these named territories you are advised to visit www.stihl.com from where you will be able to find the STIHL company website most appropriate to you.
2. Material incorporated in this website, including all trade marks and logos, belongs to STIHL or its licensors. You may download a single copy of material incorporated in the website for your own use to decide whether or not to purchase a STIHL product or to further your use of a previously-purchased product. Use of such material other than as provided is prohibited.
3. The material provided on this website is provided 'as is' and on an 'as available basis'.
4. Nothing shall limit Origo's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or that of its employees. Subject to the above, STIHL/Origo shall not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential losses, loss of profits or data, or business interruption, arising from your use or inability to use this website, or your use of the information on this website, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
5. Without prejudice to paragraph 4 above, STIHL provides the 'Know How' section of this website as preliminary guidance only and professional advice should be sought from your local STIHL dealer in respect of the matters dealt with in that section.
6. Any link that may be provided to any third party website is provided for your convenience. STIHL does not endorse the contents of any third party website to which a link is provided, and is not responsible for such websites. You use any link provided from this website entirely at your own risk.
7. Website operator:
Origo Distribution Ltd.
Magna Business Park,
(company number 17540, Dublin Ireland.). VAT number IE9Z48271T.
E-mail contact address: email@example.com
Origo Distribution Ltd. ("We", “Our”,”Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1988 and Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
This policy is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003. (the “Act”).
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. If you are not happy with the content of this Privacy Statement, you should not use this Site. By visiting this Site, you are accepting the terms of the Privacy Statement.
For the purpose of the, the data controller is Origo Distribution Ltd. of Magna Drive, Magna Business Park, Citywest, Dublin 24, D24 VE8N, Ireland.
Data collected via the Site will be processed on our behalf by the provider of the Site, ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, D-71336 Waiblingen and any sub-contractors it may appoint from time to time, in accordance with Our instructions.
Information We May Collect From You
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to Us
- You may give Us information about you when you search for a product or place an order on the Site;
- The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, customer history and billing and payment data. In addition, if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Some of this information may inevitably comprise personal data about you.
Information we collect about you
- Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data and information about the resources that you access and use on the Site;
- Information about your operating system and browser type.
The information We collect about you is statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. It helps Us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling Us to:
- Estimate the Site’s audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by the use of a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer in order to distinguish you from other users of the Site. A Cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your computer’s browser so that this computer will be recognised by the Site on your return.
Cookies allow your computer to be recognised on connection to the Site, enabling Us to provide a better browsing experience. In addition cookies may also be used to help gather statistics about the use of the Site, such as Site performance.
Uses Made Of the Information
The information held about you will be used as determined by Us including the following:
Information you give to Us
- To present the Site and its contents to you;
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with the information and products that you request;
- To provide you with information about other products that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to the Site.
Information we collect about you
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of Our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising served to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about products and offers that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of Our group, being any subsidiary and Holding company as defined by section 8 of the Company Act 2014.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We may enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about users;
- We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable Us to comply with Our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If We or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Us about Our contacts will be one of the transferred assets;
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect Our rights, property, or the safety of, Our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Section 6 of the Act gives you the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, to correct your data if inaccurate or to delete your data by sending us a written request to:
Origo Distribution Limited t/a Origo, Magna Drive, Magna Business Park, City West, Dublin 24
Any such request will be complied within 40 calendar days of receipt of such request.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, including those of Andreas Stihl Limited. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
Section 4 of the Act gives you the right to be given a copy of the personal data held about you. T. Any such request should be made in writing to us at Origo, Magna Drive, Magna Business Park, City West, Dublin 24 accompanied with photo Identification. Any such data subject request may be subject to the prescribed fee, not exceeding €6.35. All requests will be replied to within 40 calendar days of receipt of such request.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This privacy Statement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Any queries or concerns you may have about the processing of personal information on this website should be addressed to Origo Distribution Ltd., Magna Drive, Magna Business Park, Citywest, Dublin 24, D24 VE8N, Ireland.
Origo Ltd. treats your data with confidentiality, and only uses it in line with data protection regulations.
When you visit our website, we may keep some information for statistical data gathering purposes such as the name of your Internet Service Provider, the website from which you visit us, the pages you view on our site and the date and duration of your visit. ANDREAS STIHL Limited uses technical and organisational measures to protect your data against involuntary changes, loss, unauthorised access or unauthorised transfer.
Ordering Printed Information
If you want to order printed information, we will require some personal data to process your order correctly. Filling out these forms is completely optional, and we will use your data only to the extent necessary to complete the order. If needed, your data will be forwarded within the STIHL Group.
Webanalysis with Google Analytics
In case of activation of IP-Anonymisation on this website, your IP address from Google will be shortened within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. In exceptional cases the full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the US and shortened there. IP-Anonymisation is actived on this website. On behalf of the operator of this site, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing others with website and internet related services to the website operator.
Google will not merge your data with other data on Google. You can avoid storing cookies on your hard drive by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. Please be aware that if you don’t accept cookies you may not be able to use certain functions on this website.
You can prevent data generation by cookies and related data regarding your use of the website (including your IP-Address), by downloading and installing the plugin here.
Social Media and Social Plugins
We offer extensive personal support. That’s why you can contact us via social media. Your query will be then forwarded to the appropriate department. Your data will be only used for getting in contact with you and will not be forwarded to third parties. If you want to contact us via social media, you need be signed up to the certain provider. These providers may store and use your data which we can’t influence.
Use of Facebook Plugins
On our website we use social plugins provided and operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA. Those plugins are labelled with the Facebook logo or the augmentation ‘‘Social Plug-in of Facebook‘‘ or ‘‘Facebook Social Plugin‘‘. An overview of the Facebook plugins and their appearance can be seen here.
When you visit a page of our website that contains a Facebook plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to Facebook servers. The content of this plugin will directly transfer the content to your browser and integrates it within the website. As a result of the integration, Facebook embeds the latter into the website, enabling Facebook to receive information about you having accessed the respective page of our website. This information (including your IP-Address) will be forwarded and saved on a Facebook Server in the U.S.
If you are logged into your Facebook-Account, Facebook is able to match our website to your Facebook-Account. If you interact with the plugins e. g. by clicking (Like) or by commenting, then information will be forwarded and stored on a Facebook Server in the U.S. The information will be also published on your Facebook Profile and shown to your Facebook-Friends.
If you are a Facebook member and do not want Facebook to connect the data concerning your visit to our website with your member data already stored by Facebook, please log off Facebook before entering our website. Furthermore, you can block Facebook social plugins by using add-ons for your browser, like the (Facebook Blocker).
Use of Google+ Plugins
Our site uses the “+1” button of the Google Plus social network, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). The button is recognizable from the “+1” symbol on a white or coloured background. An overview of the Google plugins and their appearance can be seen here.
If you visit a page of our website that contains Google+ plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to Google's servers. The content of the “+1” button will directly transfer the content to your browser and integrate it into the website. As a result of the integration, Google receives information that your browser accessed the page, even if you are not logged into Google+. This information (including your IP-Address) will be forwarded and saved on a Google Server in the U.S.
If you are logged in to your Google+ Account, Google is able to match our website to your Google+ Account. If you interact with the plugins e.g. by clicking “+1”, this information will also be forwarded and stored on a Google Server in the U.S. The information will be also published on your Google+ Profile and shown to your contacts. The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Google, including all associated rights and settings for protecting user privacy, can be found here.
If you do not want Google to collect the data and directly assign it to your profile on Google+, you must log out from Google+ before you visit us. You may also completely prevent Google from activating the plugins by installing add-ons Add-Ons on your browser software such as (Script Blocker).
Use of Twitter Plugins
On our website we use social plugins provided and operated by the microblogging service Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
Those plugins are labelled e.g. with the blue “Twitter-Bird”. An overview of the Twitter plugins and their appearance can be seen here.
When you visit a page of our website that contains a Twitter plugin, your browser will connect directly to Twitter servers. The content of this plugin will be transferred to your browser and
integrated on the website. As a result of the integration Twitter receives information, that your browser has accessed on this website, even if you are not logged into Twitter. This information (including your IP-Address) will be forwarded and saved on a Twitter Server in the U.S.
If you are logged in to your Twitter Account or Twitter is able to match our website to your Twitter account. If you interact with the plugins e.g. by clicking “Tweet”, this information will be forwarded and stored on a Twitter Server in the U.S. as well. The information will also be published on your Twitter Profile and shown to your contacts.
The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Twitter, including all associated rights and settings for protecting user privacy, can be found here.
If you do not want Twitter to collect the data and directly assign it to your profile on Twitter, you must log out from Twitter before you visit us. You may also completely prevent Twitter from activating the plugins by installing add-ons on your browser software such as (Script Blocker).